Quantcast
Channel: Local news from wxerfm.com
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 6610

Sunday Shooting Call Was A Lie, Say Police

$
0
0

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (WHBL) -- A Sheboygan man is in custody after allegedly lying to police earlier this week about an active shooting.

Police arrest logs show that 27-year-old Quntin Kente Collins was taken into custody on Monday for recklessly endangering safety and obstruction.

Police were called around 11:00 pm on June 5th for a report of shots being fired at the corner of Calumet and Saemann. The caller said he'd been driving his girlfriend's van when someone pulled up to him at the intersection and fired a shot at the vehicle. The caller then told police he'd fired shots at the other person before he drove away.

The call tangled up traffic on the north side for several hours as police investigated and looked for the shooter and evidence of the shooting. In the end, police say that Collins had allegedly fired his own weapon into the side of the van at a prior date and then made the call to police.

Collins was taken into custody, and questioned. Police say he admitted to lying to police, and told a different story, about how a homeless man tried to steal the van while Collins was trying to buy some marijuana at a local park. He claims he fired a shot at the van to get the homeless man to get out and chased him off.

Collins remains in custody in the Sheboygan County Jail and will be back for a preliminary hearing June 15th.


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 6610

Trending Articles



<script src="https://jsc.adskeeper.com/r/s/rssing.com.1596347.js" async> </script>